Friday, November 7, 2008

Cute Justin Photos

It has been a busy last couple of months. Things are starting to cool down a bit. I don't feel compelled to keep up with the latest political news (as in checking certain blogs every fifteen minutes and watching Olbermann and Maddow religiously.) I had jury duty this past Monday and Tuesday, which allowed me to get two books read. Free reading time is a plus in my book. I read both The Road by Cormac McCarthy and A Prayer for the Dying by Stewart O'Nan. Both books fall into the anti-feel good category. Dark and somber. Those kind of books always appeal to me; and they helped balance the feeling of euphoria that Barack Obama's win gave me.

Speaking of President-elect Obama: Election night was quite the historic event. When Barack Obama gave his speech that night I got Justin out of bed to bear witness. He will be turning three in January, so I doubt if he'll remember much, if anything, about the night. When my wife arrived home from a co-op parents' meeting we all went into the backyard with some sparklers left over from July 4th and whooped it up. Tonight Justin remembered me getting him up, because he tried to use that excuse to get out of bed again. "Watch Barack Obama" he said to me. This was in addition to requesting water, crackers, different music, no night light, and a big hug. He took a big long nap this afternoon, so I'm not complaining.

Speaking of Justin . . . My main reason for posting tonight is to put up some recent pictures of Justin. These include his first haircut, Halloween, his Super Obama T-shirt and a couple others for good measure.






No comments: