Saturday, October 18, 2008

Short and Sweet

Since I spent the past hour or so writing for my other blog my entry here will have to be short and sweet. Well, at least short. I watched the Red Sox defeat Tampa Bay tonight 4 to 2 to force a seventh and final game in the ALCS. Varitek and Ortiz finally awoke and started to earn their salaries. Game 7 is tomorrow night, but we have guests for the evening that have absolutely no interest in baseball, so I may just have to set my DVR to record it for later viewing.

I’m about a hundred pages into Blindness by José Saramago. It is a compelling read, which is unfortunate for me since I don’t seem to have much reading time these days. Blindness is so good that I picked up two other works by Saramago at Half-Price Books in the last couple of days. I don’t know when I’ll ever get to them, but they’re on my never-ending list of books-to-read.

This morning when I awoke I had a plan. Justin and I would head to Half-Price books, and then to lunch with a stop at the playground on the way home. It all worked perfectly except that Justin just wasn’t tired enough when we arrived home to take an afternoon nap. He was downright wired after all that activity. Like the other times he has gone without a nap during the day he has awoken with night terrors tonight. One an hour for the last three hours. The night terrors don’t bother me quite as much as they did when I didn’t know what was going on. It’s heartbreaking when your child is screaming in terror, and when you try to console him it just make it worse. Now I realize that he is actually still asleep even though his eyes are wide open. I just watch over him to make sure he doesn’t hurt himself until the episode is over.

I could continue to type into the night, but I’d still like to watch something on TV tonight beside baseball before I collapse. I’ll just do what every other blogger seems to do when they don’t have time to write: post a couple of videos.




Oh, the humanity!

No comments: