Saturday, January 5, 2008

Obama '08

Barack Obama has won by a significant margin in the Iowa Caucus and I have to admit that I’m getting caught up in the excitement. Last week Ralph Nader announced that he was backing John Edwards, which kind of surprised me a little. Edwards talks a big talk, but I’ve never been convinced that he walks the walk — especially after the $200 haircut incident. And have you seen his new house? He could house quite a few of the poor right there! Barack has been adamantly against the war from the beginning. He’s never had to backpedal. In fact, he has gone as far as to call it an illegal war, which in my book says that he sees through the bullshit that has been cooked up by Bush an his cronies. Obama is a breath of fresh air in a political scene usually controlled by (and for) big corporations. His soul hasn’t been soiled by the intense atmosphere of greed and power that infiltrates the power structure in this country. Now Hilary on the other hand . . .
And the results in Iowa have caused Joe Biden and Christopher Dodd to call it quits. They were probably two of the more qualified candidates, but by “qualified” I mean that they have been a part of the Washington power structure for a long time. I briefly heard Hilary speak after the loss in Iowa and she’s battling back, trying to sound more radical. As if she hasn’t been in lock step with the powers-that-be ever since she became a senator. And I’m not about to count her time as first lady towards some type of governing experience. I’ve been married to a veterinarian for over eleven years now, but I don’t think that would give me the qualifications to neuter your pet Shar Pei.

No comments: