Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday Afternoon

A week from Tuesday is Christmas day. Luckily, Justin is only two-years-old, so I haven’t had to try and explain the meaning of Christmas, or who the fat guy with the white beard is that he keeps seeing everywhere. We haven’t even attempted taking Justin to the mall to sit on Santa’s lap. We know him well enough to realize that he’s not about to sit on some stranger’s lap to have his picture taken. Opening gifts on Christmas morning will certainly be more fun this year than last. We put our Christmas tree up last week and have a barrier around it, so neither Justin or the cats can get to the decorated greenery. I did mention to Jen though that next year we might want to wait until Christmas eve to put the gifts from Santa under the tree.

I’m getting out of the house for a little while tonight for movie night at a friend’s house. I’m not sure what we’ll be seeing, but it’ll probably beat staying at home and babysitting Justin’s two-year-old playmate, Daniel. My official nights off from parenting duties are now Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Last week I had my last of the Wednesday University lecture series to attend. This week I’m relatively free, which means I’m still hoping to get out and see a movie, or two. I’m Not There is still at the Varsity. Unfortunately, the Varsity doesn’t have matinees during the week, which means I might need to go out at night! I’m trying to plan some schedule where I would see a late matinee at the Metro maybe, and then have time for supper in the U-district before the seven o’clock show of I’m Not There. In the meantime, Justin will be napping soon and I’ll have a little time to read some more of Atonement (I’m two-thirds of the way through) and maybe take a little nap of my own.

No comments: