Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Sweatin' to the Oldies"

All this housework! Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, doing dishes, folding laundry and just generally picking up crap. All so that we can leave for Vancouver Island tomorrow morning, knowing that our house is clean. The other reason is that we have house-sitters, and we wouldn't want them to live for three days in our filthy house. If only the cats would pull their weight!

I can see my wife and I trying to use the power of positive thinking: We will be relaxed on vacation...we will be relaxed on vacation. At least Jen will not have to go to work the evening we get back. Even though she only works three nights a week, sometimes it seems like too much. Of course she work nights and those shifts are 14 hours long. I know that I wouldn't want to be the one performing a C-section on a dog at three in the morning . . . Maybe an ear lavage, but not a C-section.

I had the wrong music on while I was cleaning: The Pat Metheny Group (you may have heard them while watching the Weather Channel.) It's much too relaxing to be mopping floors by. I had the overwhelming urge to plop down on the couch with a big old glass of Merlot (Yeah, right!) Well, now that the cleaning is done I plan to pop a movie in the DVD player, while I pack my bag. I just realized tonight that Jen has recently claimed my travel bag. Something about "not being able to find" hers. Hmmm. I either have to crawl through the wreckage of what is our garage on a quest to find her bag, or settle for a smaller pack. Hmmm. I think I can pack fairly lightly, as long as there is room for a couple of books, the iPod known as Existenz, external speakers for said iPod, portable DVD player, a few DVDs such as Bob Newhart and Eddie Izzard, appropriate wiring and headphones for all audio and video devices, camera, binoculars, sunglasses, reading glasses, a few recent Sunday crossword puzzles, appropriate pens, clothing for three days, toiletries and other sundries. Whew! So, I should back away from the computer and begin to compile the items listed above.

No comments: