Thursday, September 13, 2007

Me So Tired

I feel like the character in the One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest named Bancini, who is always mumbling how "awful tired" he his. Last night, or should I say early this morning, Justin awoke and cried and whined for at least an hour. We tried various remedies until just deciding we needed to let him cry himself to sleep. He was just awake and wanted attention, such as holding a book out to us to read him a story. Tonight he was lying in bed for about an hour singing and talking to himself. His sleep settings are definitely changing. We also suspect a little teething of late. There has been the night waking, but also drool and him reaching back into his mouth with his prying fingers. He still has a few back teeth that need to come in.

I gave Justin a bath just before seven o'clock and then brushed his teeth and put him to bed. I read him two books (that's on top of the three or four I had read just before his bath.) and then told him to settle in for the night. He's quiet now, but he has awoken a few times in the past couple of hours. My friend Adam called me earlier to see if I might want to do something with the kids tomorrow, such as the zoo. So I should be retiring soon if I'm going to get going early before Justin's nap time. I enjoyed watching the Mariners come from behind tonight to beat Tampa Bay 8 to 7. The Mariners came back with five runs in the 8th inning. It's the second game in a row that the Mariners have come from behind to win. Let's hope the winning is a trend. I'd love to read some more of Sophie's World. I'm about two-thirds of the way through it and I'm hoping that I might have enough free time during our stay on Vancouver Island this week to finish it. Vacations with toddlers (or, I suspect, children of any age) are not usually relaxing. More to come on the trip to Canada.

No comments: